The newborn V codes are always primary, regardless of any of diagnosis the newborn might have.
V30.00 is for vaginal deliveries, V30.01 is for C-sections.
If a newborn has hypoglycemia, with no mention of a diabetic mother, you are correct it is 775.6
As to your CPTs I am unsure if those are correct as I am a facility coder. Hopefully someone else can advise if those are right.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join