Actually, I think the code IS in that range (11044 - 11047) because he did debride bone - the clavicle and rib. It would be best if the size of the area debrided was documented within the note. If it is not, you must default to the smallest, which is 11044.
The surgeon did not debride the sternum so I do not think 21627 is appropriate and he did not cut into the mediastinum so I wouldn't bill 39000 either.
I would, however, bill 32551 for the chest tube in addition to 11044.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join