I hope others will comment to this, and the first thing you might want to do is to searchthru the archives on here by doing a general search. Our practice also has issues with EM visits coded with J codes and the administration injection code of 96372. Various payers will pay and others will deny the administration as bundling or incidental OR deny the EM visit, but that's happening less frequently. Usually, I follow up with an appeal and a good portion of the time, the denials are overtured, but it is a tedious process. Right now trying to get the doctor to supply/improve better documentation, but it's been a battle. You may find the answer you seek in the archives. Normally if criteria fits we'll bill out:
96372-59 etc, etc
Just a start for you....
Suzanne E. Byrum CPC Everett, WA
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join