As long as the scope went past the splenic flexure (60-70 cm approx.), then it's a colonoscopy - 45378 - as long as there were no biopsies, injections, etc.
From the notes, the anastomosis is beyond that point (retracted the scope 'through the transverse colon' ....transverse is beyond splenic flexure) so 45378 (unless it's a Medicare pt and it's a screening then a G code)
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join