AAPC - Back to school

Thread: billing from home

Default billing from home

AAPC: Back to School
    I would like to know how much would I charge a doctor to do his billing from home? Would I charge by the hour or would I charge per claim billed? If by the hour, how much? If per claim, how much?

Red face Question

My question to you is how did you approach the doctors office about billing from home? I know with all who have asked about coding from home and such and I got the idea that since that is in such need at this point. I thought that since I have a fulltime coding position but now seeking a part time position to supplement my income. I have tried looking at other sites on my approach..should I have a cover letter that explains my plans/goals/what i'm seeking and then that gives them a chance on wondering or what? I'm sorry I don't have an answer on how much and what to charge but I have also looked into that and no one specifies on that as well. I get a little fustrated on some of the no responses. But If I do find out I will respond for you.
    MOL, CPC

I do not know if this is helpful, but I have worked for a few billing companies and they all charged a percentage of the incoming payments from what you've billed out. The offices were charged between 5% and 7%.

Similar Threads

1. Billing from home
    By beachgrl62 in forum Anesthesia
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2014, 11:32 AM
  2. Billing for a nursing home
    By stacyterramiggi@hotmail.com in forum Family Practice
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2014, 10:12 AM
  3. Billing from home...
    By ivonneatanacio in forum Job Postings
    Replies: 1