CPT for Microsurgical Cord Denervation

1. Default CPT for Microsurgical Cord Denervation
    Medical Coding Books
    does anyone know what CPT to use for this procedure for treatment of testicular pain? i was considering 55530-22.

Hi,

There isn't a CPT code for this procedure. You would have to use 55899. You can bill for the use of the microscope if used, 69990. This is information that I received from Dr. Feragamo. He stated to price similarly to CPT 55520.

Thanks,
    Cindy Gallimore, CPC, CENTC

3. Default Nerve denervation!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgallimore View Post
    Hi,

There isn't a CPT code for this procedure. You would have to use 55899. You can bill for the use of the microscope if used, 69990. This is information that I received from Dr. Feragamo. He stated to price similarly to CPT 55520.

Thanks,
    Here i would suggest CPT 64910 since it was a nerve bridging for denervation!
    - Ranjan

4. Default Microsurgical Spermatic Cord Denervation RVU
    Quote Originally Posted by cgallimore View Post
    Hi,

Thanks,

I am a urologist that works on RVU production. If I use the 55899 and the 69990, how does that factor into the amount of work RVU's? Do you have advice on the best CPT code to use. In my assessment a microscopic subinguinal varicocelectomy would be closest in comparison to the appropriate amount of work RVU's? Thanks so much.

Similar Threads

1. Microsurgical perforator flap reconstruction of breast
    By trinity07 in forum Plastic Surgery
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 11:25 AM
  2. Micro Denervation of Spermatic Cord
    By cgallimore in forum Urology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 02:39 PM
  3. Microsurgical lymphatic-venous anastamosis?
    By lshannon in forum General Surgery
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 03:12 PM
  4. right spermatic cord denervation
    By suzannereed in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 07:50 AM
  5. CPT implantation trial spinal cord stimulator
    By larkatin in forum Anesthesia
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 10:15 PM