If your diagnosis is otitis media (OM - middle ear infection), code 382.9.
380.10 is for otitis externa (OE - swimmer's ear) involving the ear canal.
OM and OE may be present at the same time if there is a hole (or ear tube) in the eardrum; fluid can drain from a middle ear infection into the ear canal, causing swimmer's ear. So, it could be possible to see both OM and OE documented of the same ear.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join