AAPC - Back to school
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coding From Home

Default Coding From Home

AAPC: Back to School
    Hello All,

I am looking to do some contract work coding from home, possibly on a part-time basis, for extra income. Does anyone know of a company looking for part-time coders? I already work full time. Also, I am looking to work for a remote coding company that offers benefits and I am interested in a traveling position as a coder. I sent my resume to RAM but I did not get a response. Please share with me any information that you may have on part-time contract coding (remote), a remote coding company that offers benefits and a company that hires/needs traveling coders.

Thanks in advance,
    Nikky, CPC, CPC-P

Atlanta Perimeter

Default Remote Coding

I've been reading info on a company called Medassurant. The website is www.medassurant.com. I have a friend employed with a company called Kforce. They offer benefits and you can work from home. Medassurant doesn't currently offer benefits from what I've heard. I think the website is www.kforce.com. If not you can do a google search.

Good luck

Thank you. I will check Kforce as I already work for MedAssurant. Thanks again......

Nikky, CPC, CPC-P

Rome, Georgia Chapter - Rome Coding Professionals

Default Medassurant

Are you happy with Medassurant?

Default MedAssurant

I am in training this week with MedAssurant. The training is very very good. The trainer is patient, nice and encouraging. It really sounds like a great company to work for. However I have been fishing in the forums for someone that has some longevity with the company to give some insight about a long term working relationship with them. They are very strict and high standards to meet the promises that they make to the payors that they contract with. With all the changes in coding, I believe that we are going to see more and more quality risk adjustment coding. The baby boomers will soon be signing up for these managed care Medicare plans. We get our test today, if I pass with 95% accuracy, then I can start working for them. It is a hard decision to take a step into the unknown and give up a solid "comfortable" position in coding. It truely is a leap of faith. Psoitive is you can work your 40 hours anytime of the day or night withing the 7 day work week. If you can't sleep, get up and code. WOW

Default MedAssurant

Is the training onsite or done remotely?

Default medassurant training

it is done remotely - the trainer is in Maryland, you are in your home (any state) you log into a Webinar and dial in on the phone. Great Training! I just finished my test. I feel really confident. You do have to take alot of notes to catch all the hints and suggestions. They mail you a laptop and scanner. Home coders don't really need a scanner. Training very very good. I am really impressed. Now I just need to decide what to do, keep current job - quit and code from home. Code from home would put $12,000 more into my pocket. However you have to think about socialization.

I start my training on Monday. Do you know how long you have to wait for your test results so that you can start the actual work?

They send your results on Monday before the office closes. If you do not pass the test, you will get one more chance to pass it, the good thing is that they tell you which questions you missed.

Visalia, CA

Default Medassurant training

Is the training for five, eight hour days and is this Monday thru friday? Also what time of day. Someone mentioned that the trainer is in Maryland so is the training done on east coast time?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast