Contact to Medicare

1. Default Contact to Medicare
    Medical Coding Books
    I have claims that are being denied from Medicare. How do I find out why and what do I need to do to get them paid. They are posted automatically in CollaborateMD with explanation code 24 (which I don't know where to find what that is). How do I get a list of their codes?

Does Medicare have a local office to call and or send claims to? I have the number for the Medicaid office here in Orlando, FL. Do I call them?

I'm new to coding and my school just didn't go over this enough. Now I am working at a doctors office with no Mentor to help so I'm on my own to figure this out. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

2. Default
    Can you get access to the voucher? There would be more codes listed w/ discriptions

3. Default
    Hi You should be able to use the CMS website at cms.gov to locate a list of their denial codes.

4. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by tdml97@yahoo.com View Post
    Can you get access to the voucher? There would be more codes listed w/ discriptions
    Sorry to sound like such a rookie but I am. What is the voucher?

5. Default
    Voucher/EOB - its what the insurance sends you when they pay.

6. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by tdml97@yahoo.com View Post
    Voucher/EOB - its what the insurance sends you when they pay.
    OK - I always called them EOB's. Thanks