Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

MedAssurant-Coding from Home

Default MedAssurant
    Medical Coding Books
    They do get back with you. The word is spreading like wild fire that they are hiring coding from home. Yesterday was the first day of training, they had trouble with the air conditioning, changed buildings, the Webinar would not work right, after 3 hours of waiting they canceled class. Day 2 is today. They said it was very unusual for this to happen. On the line were 30 other coders in the class, one coder had worked for them before, one coder currently works for them performing other coding then CARA-CMS-HCC. This is all project based, you have work as long as they have projects. From what I have heard it is pretty steady. However, no one on the conference call was going to quit their other job. Interesting...............

2. Default
    You have to do what's right for you. You shouldn't base your decision on what others are doing, maybe they have to work 2 jobs. It's ok to seek second opinions but in the end you have to do what your heart is telling you to do. I made the decision to leave my job. I talked to people who have worked for the company for as little as 6 months to as long as 2 years. There will always be people who are not satisfied with their current situtation, there will always be people that have good things to say and bad things to say about a company, but you have to base you opinion on your personal experiences, not the experiences of anyone else. If I would have based my opinion about MedAssurant on some of the experiences of other people I would not be working for them today. I made the decision to experience the company for myself. I stepped out on faith and I will not look back. I certainly feel that if MedAssurant does not work for me then God has something better. I do not have any doubts about the job, I love what I do and I am happy that I was blessed with the opportunity to work for them. I prayed about my decision and I got second opinions, but I kept getting confirmation that the right thing was for me to leave my job. I prayed for a work at home job and I was blessed with it, so I took the job and happily strided along knowing that God has my back in anything and everything. Good luck!!

Just my two cents,
    Nikky, CPC, CPC-P

Default Remote Coding
    I was wondering if you could work with MedAssurant at home within any hours other than 8-5pm. Or if anyone knew of a company you could work from home 40hrs a week at your own schedule. I am currently employed from 8-5 and didn't want to jepardize my current job for another that possibly could have downtime.

Thanks

4. Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by nwcpc-cpc-p View Post
    You have to do what's right for you. You shouldn't base your decision on what others are doing, maybe they have to work 2 jobs. It's ok to seek second opinions but in the end you have to do what your heart is telling you to do. I made the decision to leave my job. I talked to people who have worked for the company for as little as 6 months to as long as 2 years. There will always be people who are not satisfied with their current situtation, there will always be people that have good things to say and bad things to say about a company, but you have to base you opinion on your personal experiences, not the experiences of anyone else. If I would have based my opinion about MedAssurant on some of the experiences of other people I would not be working for them today. I made the decision to experience the company for myself. I stepped out on faith and I will not look back. I certainly feel that if MedAssurant does not work for me then God has something better. I do not have any doubts about the job, I love what I do and I am happy that I was blessed with the opportunity to work for them. I prayed about my decision and I got second opinions, but I kept getting confirmation that the right thing was for me to leave my job. I prayed for a work at home job and I was blessed with it, so I took the job and happily strided along knowing that God has my back in anything and everything. Good luck!!

Just my two cents,
    Nikky, CPC, CPC-P
    Nikky, That is a good 2 cents. I quit my job too. I started on 7/7/08. I enjoyed reading what you had to say. I feel the same way. Congrats to you!

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by nwcpc-cpc-p View Post

Just my two cents,
    Nikky, CPC, CPC-P

Wonderfully said.....

YTH, CPC

Default medassurant training
    Where does the training take place? I am interested in a part time job coding from home, but would like to keep my day job for now.

7. Default Cpc-a
    Will MedAssurant hire a CPC-A?

8. Default
    I just started training with MedAssurant today. The training is online and requires one week of 11-5 pm hours (EST). Other than that, they told me I only had to be available for one hour per day between the hours of 8:00 and 5:00 pm EST but from my rep they said I only need to be available for that hour during training days (occasional). I can work any hours I want. I am doing full time but I believe others are doing part-time. I think you have to have the full CPC (not CPC-A) but you can check with them on that.

So far, its actually easier than plain ICD-9 coding because those 35,000 available ICD-9s are actually broken down into only70 Heirarchal Condition Categories (HCC). Some ICD's do not even have a HCC so you learn which dx you need to code and which you don't. There is also no need for coding in order of the conditions.

Will let you know how it goes as I get further into it.

9. Default
    Thank you Sherryjean. How do you like it so far? I am still loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by sherryjean27 View Post
    Nikky, That is a good 2 cents. I quit my job too. I started on 7/7/08. I enjoyed reading what you had to say. I feel the same way. Congrats to you!

On their site it says they offer benefits as well as 401k. Under the careers page.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast