AAPC - Back to school
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: MedAssurant-Coding from Home

AAPC: Back to School
    Quote Originally Posted by nwcpc-cpc-p View Post
    Thank you Sherryjean. How do you like it so far? I am still loving it.
    I love it! At first I was scared. But I soaked it up. I am still in preceptorship. but it is so convenient. Not only am I saving all kinds of money with childcare and how far I had to drive at my job with gas. But when I got my first paycheck I was so surprised! My lead is also really good to me. I'm 40 hrs a week. Saving money for a rainy day!

I too, just took the test, and am scheduled for a phone interview tomorrow morning, how does everyone like it? are you always busy? and is the training pretty easy? please let me know. what your thoughts and experiences are.

Default 40 hours or else

I got hired a few weeks ago. I was only doing 20 hours a week and got my first verbal warning about not working 40. I can't see taking 8 hours to read 50-60 charts when most of them are 1 or 3 pages or no target or field found. I will adhere to the 40 hour rule as not to get terminated from my first coding job.

I'm confused about the 40 hr. requirement. So what are you supposed to do, ask for more work if you finish in less than 40 hrs. or just stretch out what you have and report 40 hrs.? How is the time reported?

Default Med Assurant Information

The training was very good. I got 100% on my test. Problem is that they want you to start coding for them that very next day. It is not like a normal job, where you agree to a start date. It is something that I could definitly do and be happy. However, as the MedAssurant website states, the remote coder position is good for someone that works andother job of 32 hrs. I currently have a 40 per week job, they do not accomidate a transisiton period to change jobs over to them. Everyone is very nice, with the exception of the HR rep Jay. They also require that you complete the 30 hours of training, pass the test and perform your first review before they will pay you for the training. I did not find this written anywhere. I did find that the employee contract states that there is a 2 year NON-COMPETE contract that you are REQUIRED to sign. They do not guarantee 40 hours, but you have to be available for 40 hours, but you can't work for someone else that performs CMS-HCC reviews. This is very convient for them, however you are locked into them whether they have work for you or not. If you break the contract, you are subject to a law suit, attorney fees etc. They also told me that I could work anytime of the day or night but I would have to be available 1 hr during EST work week for a phone call meeting. NOT TRUE. You have to talk to your Preceptor daily, there are Team meetings 1 hr, Lead Coder meetings 1 hr. Very deceptive. I hope you get more information than I did. I started many threads hoping someone would come forward to share experiences, I really did not get the type of info that I am sharing with you. Please feel free to ask me any questions, I will answer what I can.
    I sent my resignation letter today.

Same here, I am saving money on childcare and gas. I am still in the preceptor program as well but I am doing over-reads. I was scared at first too and soaked it up. I think that it is only natural to be scared at first but once you start doing the work it's a piece of cake. I was surprised with my first paycheck as well but satisfied, so I am saving too, which is something that I was not able to do on my previous job. I am glad I am able to save because if there ever comes a time when work is not available (but I was told there is no need to worry about that), I won't be stressing over how my bills will be paid. I am glad you like it though and please keep in touch my email address is mcdonough_beauty@yahoo.com.

Quote Originally Posted by sherryjean27 View Post
    I love it! At first I was scared. But I soaked it up. I am still in preceptorship. but it is so convenient. Not only am I saving all kinds of money with childcare and how far I had to drive at my job with gas. But when I got my first paycheck I was so surprised! My lead is also really good to me. I'm 40 hrs a week. Saving money for a rainy day!

Default remote coding for PHNS "the HealthCaring Solutions"

I was wondering if anybody has ever heard of this company...PHNS "the HealthCaring Solutions? they want to give me an interview for a remote coding position....I have never heard of them and I do not want to take any chances of a scam...Help!

Default Phns

Yes they are legit.. Pay real good to. Pre-employment coding exam is a tough one though. I also interviewed with them but went with another company.
    Kelly Long CPC, CFE
    Manager Audit and Compliance

Default Phone Interview

I had my phone interview (screening) this morning with Medassurant and now am scheduled for friday morning with a phone intrview with a lead. Does anyone do this as well as work fulltime?? and how is it working for you? One of the questions they asked was would i have to give 2 weeks notice to my employer, I dont want to give notice until I know how this company is. How do they pay? automatic deposit?? and how often? Please let me know.

I have applied w/ MedAssurant but have not heard from them... I am CPC and have been in the medical field for 15+ years... Any suggestions?? Also any advise on any other remote positions??