Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

MedAssurant-Coding from Home

Default hired
    Exam Training Packages
    I am in training now, and am a little worried with everything I have read, but I will only know if I try. I can see how they are so nice in the beginning. I had to call about the sign on bonus, it was not in the paperwork i received.
    gg

Thumbs down Getting paid from MedAssurant
    I still have not received payment just for the training and the first reviews that I performed. Good Luck. Don't forget about the non-compete contract.

Default watch out!
    I posted this under another forum and wanted to add it here as well. I just feel as though it is my "duty" :
    I ask anyone applying to them to beware. All of their employees are helpful and nice and understanding for the first few weeks and then they turn on you. The only thing I can add is this:
    I have experienced several situations where I was told I made an error, but remembered putting that HCC in! Almost every error I have "made" I don't remember making and in fact I remember capturing it. I hesitate to say that they don't do this on purpose to keep your error rate high and also to keep recycling their coders (so they can stay training, etc.) It just seems so fishy to me.

I just don't see how the people reviewing our charts are so "resistant" to mistakes themselves. Another example, my preceptor told me something was signed and after I challenged her, she admitted her mistake. The same thing happened on a code. She told me it did not fall under an HCC when in fact, it was an addition to the manual that we were notified of my email. When I challenged her, she again had to admit she was wrong. I can't prove whether my error rate was corrected after I pointed these out or whether she kept the error rate the same, though.

And regarding the choosing a "random" 25 charts to review and use to calculate our error rate...who's to say they don't review a chart and say "Oh, nothings wrong with this one let me try another" with the hope that they will find enough errors to give us a high error rate? You know what I mean? Like they could review more that 25 charts and only use the ones that had errors in order to "fabricate" a higher error rate in order to fire you. I mean, how can someone logically go from 0% to 4% to 0% THEN suddenly after preceptorship ends start getting 14% then 16% then 20%??? Come on now...common sense says that typically someone should get better with practice/experience, not worse. You know what I mean?

One last thing. My last check was supposedly mailed on 8/8, but I did not receive it until 8/19 (after several phone calls and me threatening to not send back my equipment until I received my check). My rationale was once they get their equipment, I may never get my check...so I held my computer as "ransom"

4. Default
    I should have held my computer as ransom. I sent it back to them because I was assuming that if I did not send the computer, they would not send my check. I called and spoke with Jill, she stated that my time was processed but the check will not be deposited into my account. She said that it would be mailed off on Friday and I should get it one day next week.

5. Default Worried!!!
    Aloha,
    Now I'm starting to get worried. Thanks for making me aware of the so-called non compete contract. I'm also employed by HSAG, Health Service Advisory Group, been with them for 3 years. Work is based on projects also. I hope there is no conflict with Med Assurant. Also, I seen above in one of the postings, it talks about sign-on bonus, do you know if the remote coding positions offer this too?

So far the experience has been pleasant, I just keep praying it all turns out good....

Mahalo
    Penny

6. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by hanoz420@hotmail.com View Post
    Aloha,
    Now I'm starting to get worried. Thanks for making me aware of the so-called non compete contract. I'm also employed by HSAG, Health Service Advisory Group, been with them for 3 years. Work is based on projects also. I hope there is no conflict with Med Assurant. Also, I seen above in one of the postings, it talks about sign-on bonus, do you know if the remote coding positions offer this too?

So far the experience has been pleasant, I just keep praying it all turns out good....

Mahalo
    Penny
    Per Dana in HR remote coders hired after June 3, 2008 are eligible for the sign on bonus. The sign on bonus is to be split up between pay periods, not certain of the order, I forget, but you should see the first $200 on your first paycheck. Please don't count on it. I was hired to start on June 9th and as of August 4th I am no longer an employee there and I have yet to see any of the sign on bonus, so again don't expect it. It seems as if they pick and choose who to give the bonus to, I have spoken with 1 remote coder and she has received $200 of the bonus. That's one coder out of the several that I have spoken with. I even talked to one lady that was in the training class with me and she has not seen any of the money either.

As far as the experience being pleasant. It will be pleasant, as a matter of fact, it will be very pleasant at first, until they turn on you. I just got off the phone with yet another coder (former) and she experienced the exact same thing. Now, all of us can't be saying the exact same things without there being some truth to it. We don't even know each other. We start chatting when we find out how we all had the same experience with MedAssurant. So take it for what it's worth, just be careful and whatever you do, please do not leave your job and depend on MedAssurant as your only source of income.

Trust me, I am not saying this because I am a disgruntled former employee, that is not it at all. As a matter of fact, I am very thankful for the little bit of experience that I gained with MedAssurant. I am not mad at all over the situation, I would just hate for it to happen to another fellow coder when the opportunity was available for me to provide them with some much needed information. I wish you the best of luck and I hope that your experience is much better than others that have had bad experiences. MedAssurant's reputation on not only this forum, but others as well, is not very good. Again, there are some that have or have had good experiences and some that have had bad experiences. Maybe you will be one of the few to encounter a good experience. Again, good luck!!

Default You quit?
    Quote Originally Posted by msbrowning View Post
    I should have held my computer as ransom. I sent it back to them because I was assuming that if I did not send the computer, they would not send my check. I called and spoke with Jill, she stated that my time was processed but the check will not be deposited into my account. She said that it would be mailed off on Friday and I should get it one day next week.
    Browning you quit or got fired? tell me what happened
    gg

Quote Originally Posted by hanoz420@hotmail.com View Post
    Aloha,
    I just got hired by MedAssurant, I begin training 8/25. I'm excited and thanks to the reviews/comments I read on this forum, it helped me feel good about my decision.
    Are you from Hawaii? I am doing training with them now.
    gg

9. Smile Yes, from Hawaii
    Quote Originally Posted by ggmaui View Post
    Are you from Hawaii? I am doing training with them now.

Hi,
    Yes I'm from Hawaii, Kauai to be exact. I just got off the phone with Jay, we did a introduction. He explained about the end of the training exam, then about the mentoring program and how there's another exam.....I did ask about the sign on bonus and he stated that at this time no bonus is being offered. This will be my primary job, so I'm crossing my fingers and saying my prayers, hoping that I'll have a great experience! Let me know how your training is coming along....the only downfall that I can see right now is the time difference......lol!

Penny

I have been work for Medassurant for over a month and I had not problem getting work. They have plenty of work to get you 40 hours right now.