Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

MedAssurant-Coding from Home

Exam Training Packages
    Quote Originally Posted by hanoz420@hotmail.com View Post
    Hi,
    Yes I'm from Hawaii, Kauai to be exact. I just got off the phone with Jay, we did a introduction. He explained about the end of the training exam, then about the mentoring program and how there's another exam.....I did ask about the sign on bonus and he stated that at this time no bonus is being offered. This will be my primary job, so I'm crossing my fingers and saying my prayers, hoping that I'll have a great experience! Let me know how your training is coming along....the only downfall that I can see right now is the time difference......lol!

Penny
    The training is grueling! I am up at 3:15 am to be ready for 4:45 am. So far it seems to be going well lots to learn. I am hoping my experience with them is not like everyone else's , seems alot of people on the forum have had bad experience w/them. Does anyone have any info on the test after the training? The only thing I think is bad is that you are giving them 30 hours of training and youa arent paid, until you pass the test you have 2 trys and you actually do work for them.
    gg

2. Default Yikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ggmaui View Post
    The training is grueling! I am up at 3:15 am to be ready for 4:45 am. So far it seems to be going well lots to learn. I am hoping my experience with them is not like everyone else's , seems alot of people on the forum have had bad experience w/them. Does anyone have any info on the test after the training? The only thing I think is bad is that you are giving them 30 hours of training and youa arent paid, until you pass the test you have 2 trys and you actually do work for them.
    Yikes...I better make sure I get my rest and full cooperation from the kids & hubby. I talked to Jay and he stated even after this exam, provided you pass, after the mentoring program theres another exam.....wow....Me too, I hope my experience is much more pleasant than the others on the forum. It's unfortunate.....So do you just do this from home, or do you have another job?

Penny

Quote Originally Posted by hanoz420@hotmail.com View Post
    Yikes...I better make sure I get my rest and full cooperation from the kids & hubby. I talked to Jay and he stated even after this exam, provided you pass, after the mentoring program theres another exam.....wow....Me too, I hope my experience is much more pleasant than the others on the forum. It's unfortunate.....So do you just do this from home, or do you have another job?

Penny
    I work for a surgeon and neurologist, full time but have worked on the side full time for some time now. So I hope this works, you are required to do at least 40-60 charts a day from what I have heard from medassurant I will let you know how my last day goes tomorrow and how the test is.
    gg

Well its a shame that you feel so strongly about Medassurant. I have been an in house coder for over a year now. I came out of coding school and they gave me chance, I am very grateful. I actually was promoted in March 2008 to a Lead coder and feel very strongly about my bond with the Remote staff. Medassurant does have a strict policy of making your quota and working a 40 hour week. Mainly due to the volume we have to get done by certain deadlines for CMS and the health plans. Unfortunately the remote coders have been advised that they can carry more than one job and be successful, this is a challenge and many fail, leading to disgrunted employees. However, many are successful. We employ over 800 staff and are doing quite well. This position is not for everyone. If you have benefits thru a spouse and can work 40 hours per week during 7-5 Eastern Standard time, you should be fine. I myself am very happy with my employment. BMH

5. Default Results?
    Quote Originally Posted by ggmaui View Post
    I work for a surgeon and neurologist, full time but have worked on the side full time for some time now. So I hope this works, you are required to do at least 40-60 charts a day from what I have heard from medassurant I will let you know how my last day goes tomorrow and how the test is.
    Hi,

I just got thru with the training, it went pretty well. Not too bad, I have a yard full of roosters as my alarm clock. I'm anxiously awaiting my test score. I just submitted it, 6pm our time. I wonder if I was suppose to submit it on their time? Now it's the weekend & if no one will get it till Tuesday, tells me that if I failed the first I don't think I'll have a chance to do the 2nd attempt. Yikes.....How did you do?

Penny
    Mahalo & have a great day!

Penny K. Hanohano, CPC

6. Default
    I have worked for MedAssurant for over a year. There was a brief time in April where it was slow, we got 24 hours a week in for about 3 weeks. The previous year it was a couple of months (in 2006). They are growing fast and I do not expect a slow down at all this coming year. The job is a full time job and they do require 40.0 hours a week, it is not a 2nd job. They require training, bi-weekly meetings, and other training. I have been pretty happy working for them, this job works really well for me and I do not plan on making a change any time soon

Remember - You have to sign a non-compete contract to work for them. They still have not paid me for the work and training that I did for them.
    However, I do agree I would have like the job and the freedoms it affords you. Just can't commit to the non-comete and working 2 jobs, that are equally demanding.
    Good Luck to all who can.

8. Default Medassurant test
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Medassurant's training test is difficult, I just got hired on & am really nervous I was told if you dont pass the test their job offer will be taken away!?
    CS

I have been working for MedAssurant since March 2008 and I have had my ups and downs. I am very greatful to have a job in this struggling economy. I have 2 clients that I bill for on a part-time basis and MedAssurant is my full-time job. My husband carries the benefits and I am able to be home with my kids. The down part of the job has been not being able to download charts sometimes and not getting paid for the down time. I have been told that when there is a technical problem that I will only be paid for work completed. That is not fair since I spend every hour trying to download and should be paid for that time of trying. That has been my only complaint. I have worked with very supportive and knowledgable coders. I am required to work 40 hours per week and review 40-60 charts per week. Since I work 50-60 hours from home for all my jobs, I have learned to be creative with my schedule. I even hired a part time independent contractor to help me with my clients so I am actually only working 50 hours per week. So, I am happy to work for the company since jobs are hard to come by. Especially from home.

cpcoder

I read everyone post about Medassurant, and I have been with the company for 90 days now and so far I haven't had a problem with them, everyone has been really nice, I have been out of the preceptor program 2 month now and I have had nothing but a good experience every since I have been with the company, my preceptor was really nice and always available and my lead was the same way. I have never had a problem downloading work since I have been there, I do know that if you try and download once and nothing comes up you have to try again and the work will come. I am sorry for all the people who have had bad experience, but I think the new people need to get a chance and experience things for themselves, yes it does help to hear feedback from other people, because I know this feedback was really helpful to me in the beginning, maybe this job isn't for everyone, but for me it is saving me an arm and an leg on daycare, and I need my arms and legs...hahaha, but all and all it has been a good experience so far working for Medassurant and I know alot of people are giving them a bad name and I just wanted to speak up and say it's not a bad company to work for...I love it!!!