AAPC - Back to school
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: MedAssurant-Coding from Home

Default test

AAPC: Back to School
    Quote Originally Posted by cschrader View Post
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Medassurant's training test is difficult, I just got hired on & am really nervous I was told if you dont pass the test their job offer will be taken away!?
    The training test is easy just make sure you take notes.

MedAssurant does not take part time employees, not sure where that came from. Medassurant requires 40 hours per week.

Default Medassurant Pay

Not sure if someone asked this already.

How do they determine the hourly rate? Is it the same for everyone, or depending on experience, or are there different levels of work that earn different rates?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Default How are hours determined

For those that currently work for MedAssurant, how are hours calculated? Is it based on Log-in times?, download/upload of charts?

Default hours

Hours are logged by you, everyday that you work, you do log in but doesnt necessarily mean you are clocked in.

I totally agree with what the last post said (Nomadone), I have been with the company 4 months now and I have never had a problem, everything she said was right on the money and I think it's a good company to work for.

Smile Great company..

Hello all,
    I too work for MedAssurant, and I love it as well, I started 1 month ago and have not had any problems whatsoever...In our last team meeting, last thursday we were told they have stopped hiring remote coders for the time being. I Start overreads tomorrow, so far so good. I absolutely love my job!!

Not to be overly nosy, but could someone give me a range of compensation that I would likely receive? The website says "highly competitive" compensation, but I've found that could mean about anything.

Also, could someone give me more details about the non-compete clause? Are you barred just from doing work that is very similar to what you are doing, i.e. working from home coding from charts? Or does it bar you from coding at a local hospital or for a local physician?

Although I am not a huge fan of non-compete clauses, I can understand why it would be in place if it is just to prevent you from working another very similar remote job. Otherwise it would be very easy to make MedAssurant pay the training costs for employees and then have them quit. However, if it effectively keeps me from other types of jobs then that is a different situation entirely.

Thanks in advance for any information you can offer!

Default MedAssurant

Pay range is $17-$20 an hour.

Do they offer benefits or is it strictly contract?