Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

MedAssurant-Coding from Home

1. Talking
    Medical Coding Books
    Quote Originally Posted by dforfar View Post
    I have a question for those who work at MedAssurant--I currently work for them as a site data collector but now that I have my CPC-A I am eligible to change to reviewer. As a new grad (I have my Associate's in HIT and will take the RHIT exam in December) is this way out of my league?

I am happy right now as a data collector but would like better experience. At the same time I am afraid after reading some of the stories on here. Advice?
    I don't see it being out of your league. I have been with them 4 1/2 months and I have a wonderful lead. You have your CPC-A. You know how to code or you wouldn't have that. There is nothing hard about their expectations on coding. You know already to code to the most specific and to the highest digit for dx coding. This will only give you experience for ICD coding though.Their rules do change constantly, because of the everchanging rules of medicare mostly. Right now things will be alot easier for the new hires because no matter if the signature is any good or not, you go on and map it to an HCC if it is linked and enter it. Before, alot of errors were counted because of signature issues. But whatever you choose, I myself am very proud of you getting your degree and taking these exams. That is so wonderful!!!!!!!!

Hello,
    Is Medassurant hiring? I'm a desperate mom of two girls who need a remote coding job. Thanks

Alona B. Isip, CPC

3. Default
    I used to work for them in the main office in Bowie, MD earlier this year. Remote coders are not offered any benefits. Only in-house coders are offered benefits and they are very expensive.

We have benefits through my husband's job, I need to work from home to be able to take the girls to school and be able to pick them up after. And also take them to appts w/o any problems.

Alona B. Isip, CPC

5. Default home coding
    My first post so I hope I am doing it correctly.

I have my CPC-A also and have sent in the paperwork to remove the A. I would like to do some work from home.

Can you tell me how to contact MedAssurant or any other company like them?

thanks,
    Debi

Their website is

WWW.MEDASSURANT.COM

wish you luck

7. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by ABI View Post
    We have benefits through my husband's job, I need to work from home to be able to take the girls to school and be able to pick them up after. And also take them to appts w/o any problems.

Alona B. Isip, CPC
    I say "go for it". You need a job, you have nothing to lose. I also do not need benefits. I already have them. Go to the website, email your resume and a nice cover letter. I emailed mine on a Saturday and they called me Monday. If you need any help or have any questions along the way, you may pm me. Good Luck in whatever you choose.

Thanks Sherryjean, I will do that.

Alona B. Isip, CPC

9. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by mmxm View Post
    dforar-
    I currently work for MedAssurant as a remote coder. I wouldn't say that it is out of your league. I started with my CPC-A and am doing fine. They give pretty specific training on what is expected and how they want you to code. If you are a good coder, it shouldn't be a problem.

I hear all of these posts about lack of work, firing without reason, lack of helpful management and so forth. All I can do is speak for my own personal experience, and I can say I have not experienced any of this. So I guess it's just luck on the type of lead you get. But if it's something you want to do, I wouldn't be afraid that it is out of your league. Especially because it's a good way to gain experience. But good luck with whatever you choose!
    Thank you for the encouragement! I have been completely on the fence about this and the previous posts are scary--especially since I've experienced nothing but good things from MedAssurant so far. I just got an interview at a hospital (doing ROI) but if it does not pan out I think I will go for the promotion at MedAssurant!

Quote Originally Posted by sherryjean27 View Post
    I don't see it being out of your league. I have been with them 4 1/2 months and I have a wonderful lead. You have your CPC-A. You know how to code or you wouldn't have that. There is nothing hard about their expectations on coding. You know already to code to the most specific and to the highest digit for dx coding. This will only give you experience for ICD coding though.Their rules do change constantly, because of the everchanging rules of medicare mostly. Right now things will be alot easier for the new hires because no matter if the signature is any good or not, you go on and map it to an HCC if it is linked and enter it. Before, alot of errors were counted because of signature issues. But whatever you choose, I myself am very proud of you getting your degree and taking these exams. That is so wonderful!!!!!!!!
    Thank you It has been quite a long two years and now that I am studying for my RHIT I am so nervous and I keep second guessing myself, lol! My family is not that supportive, partly because I think only coders know how hard it is!

And I was wondering how the signature policy was affecting the reviewers--if it made things harder or easier I mean. It makes my job much easier because I just scan everything
    Last edited by dforfar; 11-20-2008 at 11:50 AM.

Hi All -

I just want to say don't be fooled by the BBB with MedAssurant, all that means is they are not regisitered with the BBB. They don't have to be, so no one will ever know what complaints are made.

As you and everyone else stated - It's not for everyone, this is true. I don't want to get in a debate with anyone. To those who are interested in employment with MedAssurant, I advise you to read ALL posts about them before you make your decision. I read them and still made my own decision to accept employment with them and yes, I have/had a bad experience with them. I am contemplating quitting, but still haven't yet. Not all of the Lead or Preceptors are very professional, they will talk down to you.

I don't want to get into the whole "Sha-Bang," but all I will say is keep your eyes and ears open and DOCUMENT everything that happens to you.