AAPC - Back to school
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MedAssurant-Coding from Home

Default MedAssurant-Coding from Home

AAPC: Back to School
    I am looking for detailed information about remote coding for MedAssurant. Does anyone have 6 months or more experience with them? If not I would like to hear about any experience with them. How often is there not work to keep you busy for 40 hours? The lead coder I spoke with said that there would not be a problem getting in 40 hours of work on a consistant basis. In fact he said that it is required.

I've been working for them a little over a month and I have been working 40 hours per week since I got out of training, but it seems as if they hire hundreds of coders per week so I don't know much longer we will be able to work 40 hours because it seems as if there will be no work. I hope that is not the case but we'll see.........Overall, I love the job!!!

I've been hired by them also and was wondering if you can tell me if there pay period is weekly, biweekly or twice a month. Also how exactly does it work for the one hour you have to be available during the work week. Any info you can give will help.

Default MedAssurant

They send you a complete detailed packet of all the information you need to know. You also receive a laptop, carrying case, scanner and manuals. The pay periods are every two weeks.

When do you start training?

Default Interested in MedAssurant position

I am looking for some coding work from home. I just recently received my CPC-A and was wondering how do you contact them?

Go to www.medassurant.com and click on careers. From there you will be able to submit your resume once you see a position of interest.

St. Louis, Missouri

Does anyone know if Medassurant offers their remote home based coders benefits (medical, dental, vacation time, holiday pay, etc.)

Melissa Blow, CPC

They don't offer any benefits at this time.

No Melissa, they do not offer any benefits. I spoke with HR this morning and she told me that there is a possibility that you may experience downtime due to lack of work because it is contract based. They do offer part-time (24 hrs), but it has to be Monday - Friday between 8a-5p.

Default Medassurant interview

I had a scheduled interview with medassurant this morning. I never received a phone call. I called the girl back who had scheduled the interview, left a message, and have not heard back from her either. Did anyone else have this experience when applying with them?

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast