Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Active Remote Coding for MediConnect

Medical Coding Books
    can you post the information for others to see? Seems many people have the same question.

Thanks

Default My experience with MediConnect
    It is HCC coding. You capture all DX from Jan10 to present and then the system assigns the record a HCC code. I only did the two they give you in the beginning for practice and one record was 69 pages and the other was 79 pages. You don't code the lab or rad. They pay $3.50 a record. Once you look through all pages and code each page you move the record to get audited by QA. That is as far as I got. For me it was just too much work for a part time job. But to anyone who is thinking about working with them I say give it a shot. You might have a totally different experience then me. Good luck and let me know if you have any further questions.

They were also looking for 5+ years experience so I am pretty sure they would not hire a CPC-A...
    Last edited by kilokilo; 08-12-2011 at 09:42 AM.

3. Default mediconnect
    I too would like any additional information on Mediconnect. If someone could email me I would appreciate it! Thank you

Default Mediconnect
    I would read the contracts very carefully. I did and choose not to accept the position.

after reading the contract, what made you decide not to go forward with the position?

6. Default
    I have done HCC coding for Mediconnet & did get paid. However, it seemed that every time I sent them anything with attachments, they claimed not to received. Had to send several times using different e-mail. Have not had this problem with anyone else. Advised them I could not justify these repeat resends. Declined to accept additional work.

Quote Originally Posted by kilokilo View Post
    It is HCC coding. You capture all DX from Jan10 to present and then the system assigns the record a HCC code. I only did the two they give you in the beginning for practice and one record was 69 pages and the other was 79 pages. You don't code the lab or rad. They pay $3.50 a record. Once you look through all pages and code each page you move the record to get audited by QA. That is as far as I got. For me it was just too much work for a part time job. But to anyone who is thinking about working with them I say give it a shot. You might have a totally different experience then me. Good luck and let me know if you have any further questions.

They were also looking for 5+ years experience so I am pretty sure they would not hire a CPC-A...
    3.50 chart seems quite low, how much on average is that if you get charts that are 69 to 79 pages long?

Default Mediconnect
    I was also offered a position and was instructed to obtain an independant contract license. I was wondering who has worked for them and if it was worth going through eveything. I am in the process of going through the contacts and filling out the hire package.

9. Default
    I chose not to fill out the contract. Was looking for some side work (currently already work 40 hours+/wk as office manager). As I know the records we send to these types of companies for "review" are averaging 20 pages or more, I could not see getting paid $3.50 per chart. Chances are you might get lucky with some smaller jobs, but my guess is that it is a lot more work than I want to do for $3.50/chart. I can't tell you anything about working for them, as I never entered into the agreement (the paperwork seems a bit extreme also!)

I too would love to hear more about this company if anyone could give it. I have been contacted and am interested in if anyone here has worked for them and how it was for them?

Thank you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast