Coding an op report which is actually general sx, but in our scenario the patient has/had implants. So partial mastectomy involved also removing the implant which had ruptured during needle core breast bx; coding that as 19330, dx 996.54. But to give the patient symmetry, the other breast implant was deflated. Any thoughts on that procedure? Can't find a deflation code but also not familiar with cosmetic.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join