I would be interested to know this answer too. We had a RAC audit that revealed one of the providers billed a 99203 (new pt E/M) which should have been a 99214 b/c the patient was seen as a Hospital consult 2 days before they came in the office for the first time. I am considering doing a redermination notice as a corrected claim. Does anyone have any experience with this? Still researching.....
Anna Barnes, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join