AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Intrathecal Morphine Pump Trials

Default Intrathecal Morphine Pump Trials

AAPC: Back to School
    We are doing a Morphine pump trial as an outpatient in our facility setting, billing a 62319. The patient is coming back for the next 3 days for a refill and observation. What should the physician bill, if anything for these 3 days? In the past, the physician has billed a 99212 for the visit- but I'm thinking this is incorrect? Any help would be greatly appreciated?

01996 Daily hospital management of epidural or subarachnoid continuous drug administration

I had ask a rep about these intrathecal trials that extend to the second day and stated I didn't see this code on their PDF. He seemed not aware that they were currently suggesting this code for the additional days and I agree with you that an E/M code seems farther off than what is being performed than 01996.

I meant he was not aware of any suggestions from their coding consultants or other company members that provide coding guidance of using 01996.

Similar Threads

1. Morphine pump billing question
    By kburke in forum Anesthesia
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-27-2013, 11:58 AM
  2. Morphine pump status
    By eortega in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 02:27 PM
  3. Aspiration Side Port Morphine Pump
    By karenwebb in forum General Surgery
    Replies: 0