AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Having trouble with CPC exam

St. Louis, MO

Default Another site

AAPC: Back to School
    I agree with everything that has been said. Mock exams do help. You might also look at this website:

This is site has excellent hints and the owner offers a package to help you pass the exam. I have heard lot of really great feedback from here. I have also attended some of her seminars and they are also fantastic.

Keep yourself connected in this network forum. So many people are willing to help you. Take advantage of that and pass it on to others.
    Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CRC
    Educational Director, CCO.us,
    Have a Passion for Coding

I just passed my cpc exam and I have a few tips. First, any questions that had 3-4 codes per answer I skipped as it would take a long time to look up, so I put a sticky tab on the page so I knew I had to go back and at least fill in the bubble if I didn't have time to look it up. Second, I started at the back of the test as it has alot of questions that don't require looking up an answer or mine had the dx section in the back and those to me were easier and took less time. Third, look at the codes on all answers and if there is one code used in all answer choices no need to look it up. I had to just blindly fill in about 10 questions at the end as I didn't have time to look them up and I still passed using these techniques and not spending my time on the really long questions/and many codes per answer. Of course go back to these if you have time.. Good Luck and I hope it helps.

I am taking the test 9/15/12 this coming Saturday. Please send any study materials to my email address: normahall22@bellsouth.net

Default Job luck?

Quote Originally Posted by jernst777 View Post
    Thank you, Kristy! I have just passed my training with Allied Schools, and I am now preparing for my CPC in October. Today was the first time I actually had time to come and look at the AAPC site and all that it has to offer, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Thank you for sharing these CPC hints with all of us. I'm glad to know that there are people close by who can help when I get stuck.

Have a great day,
    Jannie Ernst

I also completed training with Allied last year and took my certification test in November. I passed the first time, but that was where the excitement ended. I have yet to find a position and am at the point of giving up. Did you have any luck finding a position?

Default any help would be appreciated

i am sitting for my cpc this weekend and would appreciate any study guides or mock exams that could be emailed to me!! bridget.brown@casanovamd.com

Richmond, Indiana

Default exam

I recently passed the exam and agree strongly with Kristy's advise. ALL the tips she gave is what I used to pass and I would like to add when there is more than one answer that has similar codes, my school gave me a tip on that saying that code is probably the correct asnwer you just have to look it up to verify the slight difference in the code ( additional digit, modifier, etc). these helped me greatly. Remember to code to the greatest specificity and read the guidelines!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12