Coloboma of optic disc shows excavation within the optic disc. It is one of the conditions of congenital anomalies of the optic disc.
This can produce C/D asymmetry which can affect the visual acuity.
I feel that your doctor is right who has a broader outlook with the signs and syptoms the patient has been presenting with.
Along with the congenital code he suggested, if the patient is having a visual acuity problem/defect , you can also give one from 368. 40- 368.45.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join