For the 00740 I would, . Put the 53 modifier on the procedure code (Physician or Physician and CRNA). Use the ICD 9 code for the reason why the procedure was cancelled, if you cannot find one, use the reason why the procedure was going to be done. Use code V64.1 as the second dx., Surgical or other procedure not carried out because of contraindication or V64.2 Surgical or other procedure not carried out because of patientâ€™s decision, or V64.3 Procedure not carried out for other reasons.
Then I would code 00810 with a 59 modifier.
Just use the times for each procedure. Do not combine them.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join