Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

reviewing 36245-59

1. Red face
    Medical Coding Books
    History: CAD status post coronary artery bypass grafting in 1994 w/LIMA to LAD, vein graft to RCA. vein graft to OM1 &OM2 w/subsequent percutaeous interventions w/Cypher stent to the distal RCA, balloon angioplasty of the proximal circumflex, as well as stenting of the mid cicumflex, stenting of the vein graft to the RCA & stenting of the mid PDA, also w/history of hypertension, diabetes & dyslipidemia who presented w/2-3 months of intermittent exertional angina, nitro responsive. Stroke in April. Exercise treadmill testing w/marked decrease from previous performance. There were no wall motion abnormalities or EKG changes, however, w/systomatic presentation referred for diagnostic angiography.
    PROCEDURE: Right common femoral artery access was obtained using modified Seldinger technique of which a 6 French 11 cm sheath was placed w/o complication. JL4 & JR4 diagnostic catheters, as well as an IMA catheter were used to perform selective coronary angiography, left ventriculography & subclavian angiography. At the conclusion of the procedure, iliac angiography was performed & did not demonstrate any significant disease in the external iliac, common femoral artery, SFA or deep profunda w/appropriate placement at arteriotomy site sutible for percutaneous closure. An Angio-Seal devise was deployed w/o complication.

If more information is needed let me know Thanks Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by n.anselmo@yahoo.com View Post
    History: CAD status post coronary artery bypass grafting in 1994 w/LIMA to LAD, vein graft to RCA. vein graft to OM1 &OM2 w/subsequent percutaeous interventions w/Cypher stent to the distal RCA, balloon angioplasty of the proximal circumflex, as well as stenting of the mid cicumflex, stenting of the vein graft to the RCA & stenting of the mid PDA, also w/history of hypertension, diabetes & dyslipidemia who presented w/2-3 months of intermittent exertional angina, nitro responsive. Stroke in April. Exercise treadmill testing w/marked decrease from previous performance. There were no wall motion abnormalities or EKG changes, however, w/systomatic presentation referred for diagnostic angiography.
    PROCEDURE: Right common femoral artery access was obtained using modified Seldinger technique of which a 6 French 11 cm sheath was placed w/o complication. JL4 & JR4 diagnostic catheters, as well as an IMA catheter were used to perform selective coronary angiography, left ventriculography & subclavian angiography. At the conclusion of the procedure, iliac angiography was performed & did not demonstrate any significant disease in the external iliac, common femoral artery, SFA or deep profunda w/appropriate placement at arteriotomy site sutible for percutaneous closure. An Angio-Seal devise was deployed w/o complication.

If more information is needed let me know Thanks Nancy
    You just have the 93459-26 here.

And I still stand by what I said in prior thread that the 36245-59 and 75710 is NOT billable here. Only doing the extremity angio to see if the Angio-Seal device could be placed.

Jessica CPC, CCC

3. Default Medicare Billing
    I recently joined a cardiology practice. The biller said that I should only bill ONE diagnosis code for any office visit or procedure as this was part of the new rules. However, I researched this on the CMS website, and, as of 6/2011, it states to use up to 4 diagnosis codes. Any assistance in this regard is appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12