You do not have to have the physician see the patient first as long as you bill using the NPs NPI number. If she sees a new problem or new patient you must bill using her NPI number. The physician signing off is not sufficient to bill under his number. See CR 1776.. which states if there is no face to face encounter between the provider and the patient , even if the physician signs off on the documentation, then the visit must be bill using the NPPs number.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join