I think 307.89 is out because the doctor stated the pain is due to physical causes. 307.89 is under pain related to psychological factors. I think 338.29 is a good choice because it covers the chronic pain without specifying "chronic pain syndrome". I think the fact that the doctor calls it Pain Disorder in the Diagnosis section of the report implies that he/she may not completely agree that it is "chronic pain syndrome".
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join