AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Pennsylvania Medicaid OB modifiers

Default Pennsylvania Medicaid OB modifiers

AAPC: Back to School
    Good Morning! I am hoping to get some help with PA Medicaid modifiers for OB patients. Can someone please tell me what modifiers I need to use for Gateway, Amerihealth Mercy, United Health Care Community Plan and plain old Medicaid for routine prenatal visits and also for the deliveries. I seem to get alot of rejections because of these "invalid modifiers" and I can't get a straight answer from my reps!! Please help!

Default modifiers

Medicaid always has exceptions to all of their rules. When billing prenatal office visits - use the TH modifier for MA, the U9 modifier for Gateway. UHC does not like any modifiers and will deny a claim if you use a TH on a prenatal visit. We are not par with Aetna Better Health but have submitted as nonpar and have used the TH modifier. If the Medicaid patient has HCB15 - select plan for women - you need to use the FP modifier or they will reject your gyn visits. Hope this info helps.

Similar Threads

1. Pennsylvania Medicaid Observation Code Help Needed!
    By FLSJarrel in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-19-2015, 09:43 AM
  2. Pennsylvania Medicaid CRNA Modifier QZ
    By Newbie in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2013, 03:43 PM
  3. Pennsylvania Medicaid/Welfare INs
    By ohiocoder101 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 09:43 AM
  4. Pennsylvania Medicaid