Medicaid always has exceptions to all of their rules. When billing prenatal office visits - use the TH modifier for MA, the U9 modifier for Gateway. UHC does not like any modifiers and will deny a claim if you use a TH on a prenatal visit. We are not par with Aetna Better Health but have submitted as nonpar and have used the TH modifier. If the Medicaid patient has HCB15 - select plan for women - you need to use the FP modifier or they will reject your gyn visits. Hope this info helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join