I agree with you motherzone, regardless of what insurance carrier! From the info you've given this appears to be a preventive service and pap. The codes I'd use would be: 99395 with V70.0 and V76.2 for the pap. Also, from the info given - if that's all that was given, this doesn't support a level 4 E/M!
I'm betting that the provider who marked the ticket that the billers entered, accidentally marked the wrong area and meant to mark the preventive service and NOT the E/M!
btw - that's why "we're" coders - and they're billers
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join