After working in wound care, 11042 is a common code used daily. I will only code the 11042 if dictation specifically states removed INTO or THROUGH the subq., removing viable and non viable, and the instrument used. If dictation states TO subq then it will be coded 97597, as long as it meets the other requirements. If dictation is missing one of these components the instrument or sharp verbage, type of tissue removed or depth level then I code an E/M.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join