this code has a bilateral surgery indicator "0". Submit the surgery with a quantity of “1.” Do not submit these procedures with CPT modifier 50.
The lower of the actual submitted charge for both procedures or 100% of the fee schedule amount for a single procedure. Payment is not increased for these procedures because physiology or anatomy are not appropriate (e.g., surgeries on the large intestine), or because the code descriptor specifies that it is a unilateral procedure and there is an existing code for a bilateral procedure.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join