Hay Valrie, we are having this same issue. I have written to Medicare under the freedom of information act and nothing in their regulations spell out how to bill for this situation. I agree with you, since the rendering provider is not part of your group you cannot bill using his NPI. The ordering provider did not provide the service but is being charged by the rendering physician for the reading. It is a catch 22 situation.
I will be very interested in hearing how others handle this. So far, we are not billing globally for services.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join