With the new rules this year for 97597 and 97598, I am having trouble getting multiple 97598's paid. Medicare says they are duplicates. I tried using units and Medicare didn't like that. Sooooo, I did a line for every 97598 and added mod 59. When our A/R person called Medicare, she asked if 51 mod would work. The answer was no. Since I am billing for the Wound Healing Center at our hospital, I have this alot. Any ideas?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join