An NPPâ€™s services must meet several criteria in order to qualify as â€śincident-toâ€ť for billing purposes. These include:
â€˘The NPP must be licensed or certified to provide professional health care services in the state where the physician practice is located.
â€˘Generally, the NPP must be a full-time, part-time or leased employee of the physician or physician group practice (although in limited cases, the NPP may be an independent contractor of the physician or physician group practice).
â€˘The NPP must provide services as an integral part of and incident-to the physicianâ€™s services.
â€˘The NPP must provide such services under the direct supervision of the physician.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join