I have received a few denials of payment from insurance companies stating that 45380 is unpayable with 45385 even though I've put a modifier 59 on the second CPT code (45380). I don't see that there's an issue according to my Coding Companion or with mutually exclusive codes. I had always been able to get paid before so it strikes me as odd that all of a sudden I'm not getting this paid. ???
Has anyone else had the same issue or have any ideas as to why I wouldn't be able to get paid for this?
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join