Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Circc exam

Default I've been coding IR and interventional

Promo: Code Books
    I've been coding IR and interventional cardiology for the hospital side for several years, and plan to take the circc exam in 2016. For those that have taken the exam, are there a lot of questions specific to physician billing? 26 and TC modifiers for example.

Thanks!

Default Scared now!

I used to code IR about 4 years ago, and I loved it! I want to get back into it, but it sounds like the odds are not in my favor.... I know I need to find a job that doesn't require the cert so I can build up speed. 70 cases in 6 hours would be incredibly hard... I don't think I can do 11.5 cases per hour unless there is a balance of level of difficulty. Does anyone know if you can write notes in your reference books? That could save time by noting which codes can or cannot be billed together. That is what I did for my CPC, but that was a long time ago!

To the coder taking Dr. Z's boot camp - I would love to hear how that works out! I have another friend doing that also. Since they write part of the exam, I would think that they can teach specific cases that would prepare you, but it might also be info overload!

Good luck to everyone taking the exam!

Default circc exam

Quote Originally Posted by carmstead View Post
    I just took the exam on June 20th and was blown away by how hard it was...and I have been coding IVR for over 10 years! Luckily, I just found out that I passed but I would not recommend taking it unless you have a thorough knowledge of all interventions (vascular and non-vascular).
    does it have a lot cardiology on it?

It is definitely worth buying the charts! I used the ones from Medlearn and I was very grateful for them during the exam. I would also recommend the practice exam. Good luck!
    Krystal Gauthier, CCS-P, CIRCC

Just passed the CIRCC exam, I used the AAPC study guide and the practice exam, unfortunately I was not able to buy the charts due to tight budget, so I had to draw on my cpt book. In my own opinion, time is one of your greatest opponent when taking this certification, you need to combine knowledge and test taking strategies when taking this exam. Or else you'll end up guessing the latter part of the test.

Jim, CPC-P, CIRCC

Default circc

Quote Originally Posted by merjim_m@yahoo.com View Post
    Just passed the CIRCC exam, I used the AAPC study guide and the practice exam, unfortunately I was not able to buy the charts due to tight budget, so I had to draw on my cpt book. In my own opinion, time is one of your greatest opponent when taking this certification, you need to combine knowledge and test taking strategies when taking this exam. Or else you'll end up guessing the latter part of the test.

Jim, CPC-P, CIRCC
    Can you share how many case studies there were ? I am scheduled for dec 3rd thank you

Quote Originally Posted by escalzitti View Post
    Can you share how many case studies there were ? I am scheduled for dec 3rd thank you
    Well on my estimate, there were like 15 to 20 direct questions, and the rest are case studies.

Jim, CPC-P, CIRCC

Default Case Studies

Quote Originally Posted by escalzitti View Post
    There were 72 when I sat for it 3 weeks ago

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12