Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Circc exam

Default Circc exam

Promo: Code Books
    Does anyone know what a passing score is for the CIRCC exam and how it is graded? Just wondering if it is any over all score or by section. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hipmom916 View Post
    Does anyone know what a passing score is for the CIRCC exam and how it is graded? Just wondering if it is any over all score or by section. Thanks!
    70 percent is a passing grade. It is an all-over score. Get ready for reports and questions from all over radiology and cardiology.

Good luck,
    Jim Pawloski, CIRCC

Default CIRCC exam

I have my CPC, CCC, and CCVTC. Does anyone know/think that the CIRCC would be doable for me to obtain/pass? I have a lot of experience/knowledge in Cardiovascular and Interventional procedures. Does anyone think it is worth a shot for me?

Thanks!

Kris Felty, CPC, CCC, CCVTC

I would buy the pre exam and if from there you realize you need more, buy the study guide. I took the test last week (I code cardiac and artery interventions right now and have for about 4 years) and failed by 4%. It was so much more extensive and time consuming than I thought it would be. So now I'm going to study for another month or so and take it again.
    Good Luck!
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    Aristotle

I just took the exam on June 20th and was blown away by how hard it was...and I have been coding IVR for over 10 years! Luckily, I just found out that I passed but I would not recommend taking it unless you have a thorough knowledge of all interventions (vascular and non-vascular).

I just passed my CIRCC. Hardest test I've ever taken. Didn't help that some of their answers where deleted codes so I had to guess which one they thought would be correct. I'd love to know who can answer 150 questions about 70 case studies in under 6 hours and answer them well! I'd also love to know what the average grade people get on that thing.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    Aristotle

did you let AAPC know that there were deleted codes for answers? I have found that there are a lot of misprints and they also condradict themselves in their study guides as well (I had bought the CPC one and now the CIRCC study guide).

This is a major problem, especially when taking a test like the CIRCC that is a ridiculous $400 and a tough test. AAPC needs to be made aware and correct the issue

I"m going to Dr. Z's Boot camp and taking the test immediatly following. Can anyone give me some pointers? What are teh best resources to have in the exam. I took my CPC 14 years ago so it's been a long time since i've sat through one of these exams.
    adrianne, cpc

Quote Originally Posted by aguelfi View Post
    I"m going to Dr. Z's Boot camp and taking the test immediatly following. Can anyone give me some pointers? What are teh best resources to have in the exam. I took my CPC 14 years ago so it's been a long time since i've sat through one of these exams.
    Not sure if you have taken this yet or not, but the best resource for me during the exam were the CVIR anatomy charts. They'll definitely help with your vascular orders and variant anatomy questions. They also came in handy for the cardiac and portal/biliary questions. I felt my exam was really rule/guideline heavy. Make sure you know what procedures include your catheter placement and diagnostic imaging and what procedures allow you to bill them seperately. Dr. Z's IR Coding Reference, the study guide, and practice exam were great resources in preparing.

Good luck!

Ryan Roberts, CPC, CIRCC, CANPC

Default z 's anatomy charts

I have exam in about a month and was wondering about anatomy chart. quite expensive, and I am fairly new for IR. Do you think it is worth buying chart?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast