If a problem was uncovered during the well check that necessitates a follow-up, code the second visit with the problem diagnosis and an office/outpatient E/M. It wouldn't be medically necessary to call them back into the office to tell them that all of their routine test results were normal; nor would it be medically necessary to bill a separate E/M if you had them come back another day to receive services that should have been done in conjunction with the well check.
Hope that helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join