PRP bilateral?

1. Default PRP bilateral?
    Exam Training Packages
    Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can bill 0232T RT and LT? My doc injected both elbows with PRP. I tried to find something that will state whether it can be billed more than once in a setting, but came up short. I would think since he only harvested once, he would only get to bill once. Any thoughts?

Here's my op note:

DESCRIPTION OF PROCEDURE: Two vials of 10 cc of whole blood were harvested from the left antecubital vein. These were both spun down in the Arthrex centrifuge to create two syringes each with 3 cc of PRP. Both elbows were prepped with alcohol. The injection was performed on each elbow, left first followed by right of the vial PRP into the area of the ECRB origin. The patient tolerated the procedure well and will be returning in two weeks for his final injection in a series of three.
    Amy Klepper, CPC, CPMA

Quote Originally Posted by amyleigh_1979 View Post
    Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can bill 0232T RT and LT? My doc injected both elbows with PRP. I tried to find something that will state whether it can be billed more than once in a setting, but came up short. I would think since he only harvested once, he would only get to bill once. Any thoughts?

Here's my op note:

DESCRIPTION OF PROCEDURE: Two vials of 10 cc of whole blood were harvested from the left antecubital vein. These were both spun down in the Arthrex centrifuge to create two syringes each with 3 cc of PRP. Both elbows were prepped with alcohol. The injection was performed on each elbow, left first followed by right of the vial PRP into the area of the ECRB origin. The patient tolerated the procedure well and will be returning in two weeks for his final injection in a series of three.
    I think its ok to bill it twice since it is two different anatomic locations. I have a question. Do you really get paid for PRP? Almost all insurance companies state that this is an experimental service and is not covered.

3. Default
    Yes, we have been paid in the past. We are an ASC - and not contracted with anyone but Mcr/Mcd. Since we are not in network, carriers tend to pay better.
    Amy Klepper, CPC, CPMA

Quote Originally Posted by amyleigh_1979 View Post
    Yes, we have been paid in the past. We are an ASC - and not contracted with anyone but Mcr/Mcd. Since we are not in network, carriers tend to pay better.
    Do you bill this as the only service or with other services?

5. Default
    We bill it as the only service.
    Amy Klepper, CPC, CPMA