Trichloracetic acid is chemical therapy for local application for destroying the lesions.
The codes are the 56501-56515- or 57061-57065 depending on genital site. ..are the ones I thought of.
But in the CPT manual it is not quoted any where as topical. The purpose of using these chemicals is to destroy the local lesions like whart or granulomas or any redundent tissues or small lesions. If I am asked for an openion, I would go for those codes I stated above, because they can be very well taken as chemical therapy for destruction of lesions-vulval, vaginal or cervical lesions.
The destruction of those lesions have immediate effct too.
My idea would be these codes combined with E/M services with -25 appended
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join