I am sorry I didn't see this earlier; I am a rad oncology specialist with 20 years experience on the clinical side and 7 years doing coding and compliance for the field. Any time you need me, I'll be checking here from now on!
No, an isodose plan does not automatically upgrade with the CT. Medical necessity and the work performed for the isodose plan dictate the level of complexity, the imaging is incidental to the plan and is captured with its own code (77014). Sorry about that! With no DVH and no organs at risk, it will probably be either simple or intermediate. Just be sure to read the definition of the code itself carefully before choosing which one fits best.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join