My question is how this would be billed for? Do we fill out an anesthesia record for each of the patient? Can the CRNA be inserting a block on one patient while being available to monitor another in the same room?
I would assume you would bill it under the anesthesia code if this is going to be the means of anesthesia and anesthesia record would be best form that would have the correct places to document. I am sure if others are requesting a separate procedure note. I am under the impression that the CRNA is placing the spinal for means of anesthesia and the anesthesia time starts then unless he/she is relieved by another CRNA or anesthesiologist once the actual anesthesia time has started the CRNA would not be able to leave and attend to another patient and receive credit for the same time span for two separate patients. It is not like under QK for a physician to be able to be providing med direction for multiple patients, in contrast, my understanding QZ is for a single case.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join