Medicare has extended the effective date of the exceptions process to the therapy caps to December 31, 2009. Outpatient therapy service providers may now submit claims with the KX modifier for therapy services that exceed the cap furnished on or after July 1, 2008.
Before outpatient therapy service providers were instructed not to attach the KX modifier on claims for services furnished on or after July 1, 2008. The extension of the therapy cap exceptions is retroactive to July 1, 2008.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join