[QUOTE=johnny_alley;174515]When there is a problem-focused E/M performed during the same encounter as a preventive/wellness visit, are commercial payers including payment of the problem-focused E/M as part of the 100% wellness benefit mandated by health care reform?
In other words:
A) 99385, V70.0, Paid by Plan @ 100% of Allowed Amount and
99213-25, 466.0, Paid by Plan @ 50% Charge Subject to deductible/coinsurance/copay
B) 99385, V70.0, Paid by Plan @ 100% of Allowed Amount and
99213-25, 466.0, Paid by Plan @ 100% of Allowed Amount[/QUOTE
To date, I haven't come across scenario #1.
But it could be at the plans descretion.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join