Hmmm I'm not 100% sure there is a code for the bracial artery cutdown of this nature; 34834 is for brachial artery cutdown for the deployment of the an aortic or iliac endovascular graft. It seems to me this would be the opening for the procedure and in my experience you don't always get to bill separately for that. He went in thru the brachial artery and closed it.
For the closure - you can take a look at 35206 but again that code is for repair of an injured blood vessel. Usually, you can't bill for clousure because it is included with the procedure. You might be able to in your case.
Sorry that wasn't more helpful. You could always go and speak with your physician to see what his thoughts are and to have a better understanding what he did.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join