Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

E/M Audit

Medical Coding Books
    I took the exam in 2009 and I took both 95 and 97 with me. I recall a few questions where it told me to use one or the other and even both. Take them both.
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

Quote Originally Posted by tsnider View Post
    I too would like to have a copy, thank you very much for the offer!

tsnider@ecommunity.com

Thank you!

Traci Snider, CPC
    I think I've gotten everyone who's asked, but if I missed anybody, please let me know!

Brandi, I would like to get a copy also, if you don't mind Thanks so much!!
    Meagan Strauss, CPC, CEMC
    Coding Coordinator
    The NeuroMedical Center
    Baton Rouge, LA

Quote Originally Posted by mhstrauss View Post
    Brandi, I would like to get a copy also, if you don't mind Thanks so much!!
    Sure! Just need your email...

I"m so sorry...still braindead this morning LOL it is mstrauss@theneuromedicalcenter.com
    Meagan Strauss, CPC, CEMC
    Coding Coordinator
    The NeuroMedical Center
    Baton Rouge, LA

Default Official Exam guidelines
    Quote Originally Posted by Agemian View Post
    Does anyone know what E&M exam template is used for the CEMC exam. Is it 1995 or 1997 general multisystem exam or must we use both to determine the level. I was told the exam uses only the 1995 template. Does anyone know for sure.
    I believe the official exam guidelines instruct you to bring BOTH 1995 and 1997 audit tools/ templates with you. When I took the exam there were a couple of scenarios where you were asked to code based on a specific set of guidelines. In at least one case you had multiple questions on the same note - Q1: code based on 1995 / Q1: code based on 1997.

Good luck

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

7. Default E/M Audit Tool
    Could I obtain a copy of your tool?
    Andrschery@centurytel.net
    Thank you,

Cheryl

Quote Originally Posted by FTessaBartels View Post
    I believe the official exam guidelines instruct you to bring BOTH 1995 and 1997 audit tools/ templates with you. When I took the exam there were a couple of scenarios where you were asked to code based on a specific set of guidelines. In at least one case you had multiple questions on the same note - Q1: code based on 1995 / Q1: code based on 1997.

Good luck

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
    You can bring a copy of the guidelines themselves (which I would strongly recommend), and any audit tool you're comfortable with. My little tool only has 1997 guidelines, because that's all I need, but most tools out there don't make the distinction, or they have areas from both guidelines for you to use on the same form. I took the Trailblazer tool to sit for my exam, and it worked out well for me, so it's just your preference, really. Hope that helps!

Default Related question on the CEMC exam
    It states that you can bring an audit tool with you. My question is if that means one copy/sheet of the tool you usually use, or can you bring more copies - one for each case you will be coding for the exam?

I am taking my CEMC on the 29th. Feeling confident and ready for it - a change for my usual test anxiety. Hope this doesn't mean I am overconfident and blow it!

Thanks.

Lance Smith, MPA, COC, CPMA, CEMC, RHIT, CCS-P, CHC, CHPC

Director, Health Information Management
    HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley
    Kingston, NY

2016 Secretary
    Ellenville, NY Local Chapter

Could you please send me the audit sheets you use? I have multiple different ones that I will switch on and off from but none of them seem like they flow well. I appreciate it, mandyflagg@gmail.com
    Mandy Flagg, CPC, CEMC
    Compliance Auditor