Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

E/M Audit

Exam Training Packages
    Thank you Mandy and Brandi you both have been great help!!!

Here's another question.

Is a 94760 - Noninvasive ear or pulse oximetry for oxygen saturation; single determination included with 99284 ER visit?

What's your thoughts?

Tina

Quote Originally Posted by tboback View Post
    Thank you Mandy and Brandi you both have been great help!!!

Here's another question.

Is a 94760 - Noninvasive ear or pulse oximetry for oxygen saturation; single determination included with 99284 ER visit?

What's your thoughts?

Tina
    Yes, it's included. It would be similar to billing for taking the patient's BP, separately.

Default Audit cheat sheet
    I would love a copy as well. Please send it to tina.boback@msn.com.

Thanks so much!
    Tina

4. Default
    Brandi,
    Can you email the checklist to me as well?
    pscott@barretthospital.org.
    Thanks!

5. Default
    send on to me as well...cbrown@medicalbillall.com thanks, cyndi

Default I've posted these other places, but...
    I made this E/M reference chart for the new coders I'm tutoring, and since it's similar to an audit tool, I thought some of you might like it, as well. It's kind of "busy", (okay, really busy) but it encompasses nearly all of the E/M codes' requirements (except the oddballs, like Porlonged Care and Telemedicine)...once you get past the initial shock, it's pretty easy to use.

I hope these pics don't load blurry - I had to transfer them from another post, because I'd saved them on a different computer - if you're not able to see it well after right-clicking and saving them to your computer, let me know, and I'll re-load them...enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Question Auditing Training with Providers
    I have just finished my first group of Audits with my doctors. I am now trying to set up a training with them to help enforce some of the problems.

Being a new auditor, I am trying to find the best way to figure out where to start. Some providers are over documenting some are under documenting. Some have too much in the history based on the presenting problem. So I am trying to figure where to start.

I know we are under coding our visits (or over documenting) but where to begin I do not know. I am trying to figure what are some of the common problems but this means maybe going back to each audit?

Any suggestions?

Could you please send me a copy as well. I would greatly appreciate it.

criggenbach@mhsystem.org

Default 1997 E/M Audit tool

I would love a copy too.

Thank you.

coder925@gmail.com

Anita
    Anita Johnson, CPC, CCS, CPMA, CCS-P
    coder925@gmail.com
    Orlando, FL

Default E/M University
    Quote Originally Posted by espforu View Post
    I have just finished my first group of Audits with my doctors. I am now trying to set up a training with them to help enforce some of the problems.

Being a new auditor, I am trying to find the best way to figure out where to start. Some providers are over documenting some are under documenting. Some have too much in the history based on the presenting problem. So I am trying to figure where to start.

I know we are under coding our visits (or over documenting) but where to begin I do not know. I am trying to figure what are some of the common problems but this means maybe going back to each audit?

Any suggestions?
    Get them to sign up for www.emuniversity.com! The case of the week is emailed in a text, with a link to give you the opportunity to "vote" on the correct code (you only get 4 choices, so at least part of the decision making is done for you). Once you vote, you get an link to the video explanation of the coding. Peter Jensen MD is a CPC and really focuses on necessary but efficient documentation.

Hope that helps.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC