per the Interventional Radiology Coding Users' guide:
"In the biliary system, the CPT Editorial Panel and HCFA (now CMS) instructions to use the endoscopy codes (47552-47556) were direct and specific. To this end, radiological supervison & interpretation code cross references were inserted in the AMA CPT manual and a new biliary "endoscopy" code (47556) was also added at the request of the SIR and the ACR. Therefore, the biliary "endoscopy" codes (47552-47556) are to be considered the accurate codes for describing these services whether performed percutaneously or by endoscopic approach."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join