Are they all under the same tax id number? If they are different tax id numbers then it would definitely be new but if same tax id number it depends on the insurance company if they will pay a new again.
We have this problem frequently because we have 7 clinics (3 specialty clinics) all under the same tax id number. A patient that is seen at our primary care clinics and then referred to one of our specialty clinics usually has to be an established patient.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join