198.89 with 075 would be appropriate. The late effect code would not fix here because the virus / antibodies could be still detected by blood test/ or could have been confirmed by immunohistologically, for which we do not have records.
With documentation 'missing' with the test result, you cannot be sure the disease ia still active(recent) ,or not.
All that we have as document : is there is metastatic adenocarsinoma of the digestive respiratory sytem tract- at retro space which is inclusive of lymphnode also (associated)with Ebstein Barr Virus infection-
So we would go for 198.89 with 075 only.
Better not to commit with late effect Code.
[Epstein-Barr virus test is a blood test to detect antibodies to the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) antigens.
The test is done to detect an infection with the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). The EBV antibody test will detect not only a recent infection but one that occurred in the past. Antibody production increases during the course of infection.
Can be detected by immnunohistological measures also.]
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join