Can you say FRAUD! You are correct. You cannot change a dx on a f/u visit just to get paid... surgical f/u visits within the 90 day global period are not payable unless the patient is seen for a different problem and is not a related complication of the surgery.
Here is the link to the Medicare on-line manuals for the global period.
CMS Pub. 100-04, Chapter 12, Section 40.2.-40.5 (PDF, 979 KB)
Hope this helps you,
Dolores CCC, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join